Legal Aid Society of East Tx(936) 295-5136
1502 Ave. O
Huntsville, TX - 77342
Lone Star Legal Aid is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit law firm with a rich and deeply respected history of advocacy on behalf of low-income and underserved populations, beginning with the Houston Legal Aid Clinic in 1948 and East Texas Legal Services in 1977.
The Houston Legal Aid Clinic, which later became the Houston Legal Foundation, was established by the Houston Bar Association and Texas Southern University, among others.
- Civil Matters in Criminal Justice
- Project Connecting Texas Kids to Coverage Consumer Crime Victims
- Unit Disaster
- Relief Employment
- Equitable Development
- Initiative Family Law
- Health Care
- Juvenile Issues
- Legal Assistance to Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic
- Military & Veterans Unit
- Miscellaneous Neighborhood Problems
- Public Education
- Welfare and Income Assistance
You must be a low income person.
Mission Statement: Lone Star Legal Aid’s mission is to protect and advance the civil legal rights of the millions of Texans living in poverty in its 76 county service area by providing free advocacy, legal representation, and community education that ensures equal access to justice.