- "To improve the quality of life for Delaware's citizens by promoting health and well-being, fostering self-sufficiency, and protecting vulnerable populations."
- "Together we provide quality services as we create a better future for the people of Delaware."
* Maximize Personal and Family Independence
* Be a self-correcting organization working to retool to keep pace with changing client needs and a changing service delivery environment
1. DHSS will be customer service focused.
2. DHSS will be driven by a shared vision.
3. DHSS will communicate effectively, both internally and externally.
4. DHSS will live its Beliefs and Principles and Management Principles.
5. DHSS will function as an integrated organization which partners with outside organizations to improve the quality of services provided to our clients.
Mission Statement: Valuing persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities, honoring abilities, respecting choice, achieving possibilities..... working together to support healthy, safe and fulfilling lives.